The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has a public website, an Intranet and an Extranet that are crucial for their important role within the United Nations and that were based in SharePoint 2007, a technology that was outdated and that needed to be updated.
To take advantage of the update for SharePoint 2013, a new user interface had to be used.
Innovagency carried out a thorough and in-depth project of planning the migration of the website, the Intranet and the Extranet from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013. From the tasks of this project we highlight:
- To document in detail the physical and logical architecture, the architecture of information and the content organization.
- To analyse all the code and the solutions being used.
- To analyse the business processes related to the website, Intranet and Extranet.
- To produce a detailed technical inventory.
- To create a plan and a migration calendar.
- To give detailed step-by-step instructions for all the migration aspects.
- To produce a code and artefacts necessary to the migration.
- To create a new layout and files related to their implementation for the Intranet and Extranet.
- To recommend alterations to the business processes.
To take the maximum advantage of the new SharePoint version, and to update the user interface that was starting to have an outdated aspect, a new layout for the Intranet and the Extranet was created.